- 26/11/2014 - 29/11/2014
- NTK, Technická 6
Cafe New Romance is the Robot Performance Festival. The Third edition of it, will take place in Prague November 26-29 2014.
The main challenge the robot industry facing nowadays is not the technological challenge to develop advanced robots, but to gain understanding and awareness about robots for the general public.
exhibition, movie projections, presentations, lectures, meetings, workshops
The Future of the Mechanical Man: In 2014 it is 100 years ago that the Austrian Author Gustav Meyrink wrote Golem. To mark this we’ll prepare a big program which reflects on Golem and other super robots, then and now.
The objective of the festival, which is part of the euRobotics Week (24/11-30/11 2014) for the fourth time, is to heighten the public’s interest in robots and robotics, by inviting them to Cafe New Romance, and let them participate in different activities, like events, lectures, workshops and exhibition, and to have a focus on the development of cafe robots, because we believe if you the community can create cosy robotics solutions, then the general public will also adapt these solutions in their homes in the future.
WEDNESDAY 26 November 2014
CNR 2014: 1pm – 5pm: Workshop: Fernando Orellana (SLV): Ready-Made Hack.
CNR 2014: 6:30pm – 8:30pm: Opening Robot Movies: Cafe Neu Romance 2014
– Short Movie: Alex Rivera (USA): A Robot Walks Into a Bar
– Movie: Alex Rivera (USA): Sleep Dealer
THURSDAY 27 November 2014
CNR 2014: 9:30am – 12am: LEGO MINDSTORMS Day
– Opening Speech: 9:30am-9:35am: Lars Kjellberg, Deputy Ambassador of the Danish Embassy in the Czech Republic: Opening Speech of the LEGO MINDSTORMS Day
– Presentation: 9:35am-10am: Filippa Malmegaard (SWE): LEGO MINDSTORMS & The Maker Movement
– Presentation: 10am-10:25am: Marc-Andre Bazergui (CAN): LEGO® MINDSTORMS®: How a movie poster changed his life, one brick at a time.
– Presentation: 10:35am-11am: Lee Magpili (USA): The Making of a Robot Performance
– Presentation: 11am-11:30am: Matthias Paul Scholz (GER) and Aswin Bouwmeester (NDL): LEGO MINDSTORMS and sound
– Panel: 11:30am-12am: Filippa Malmegaard (SWE), Marc-Andre Bazergui (CAN), Lee Magpili (USA), Matthias Paul Scholz (GER), Aswin Bouwmeester (NDL).
CNR 2014: 1pm – 4pm: Robot & Performance (Vol. I)
– Presentation: 1:05pm-1:30pm: Opificio sonico (ITA): Toa Mata Band
– Short Movie: 1:30pm-1:40pm: Beeple (USA): Instrumental video nine
– Presentation: 1:40pm-1:55pm: Per Holmquist (SWE): Beat Blox
– Short Movie: 1.55pm-2pm: Beeple (USA): Flying Lotus – Kill Your Co-Workers
– Presentation: 2:10pm-2:40pm: ::vtol:: (RUS): My robotics art works
– Short Movie: 2:40pm-2:45pm: Beeple (USA): Transparent Machines
– Presentation: 2:45pm-3:15pm: Sara Dittrich (USA): Linking Everyday Rhythms to Artworks Through Robotics
– Panel: 3:15pm-3:45pm: Opificio sonico (ITA), Per Holmquist (SWE), ::vtol:: (RUS), Sara Dittrich (USA)
Concert: 7:30pm – 8:15pm: Opificio sonico (ITA): Toa Mata Band
FRIDAY 28 November 2014
CNR 2014: 9am – 11am: Golem & the Mechanical Man of the Future Day (Vol. I)
– Presentation: 9:15am-9:40am: Rupert Young (GBR): Perceptual Robots
– Presentation: 9:40am-10am: Martin Cermák (CZE) and Ludek Fedurca (CZE): Robot Artik
– Presentation: 10:10am-10:30am: Nigel Ackland (GBR): BeBionic3 hand
– Panel: 10:30am-11:00am: Rupert Young (GBR), Martin Cermák (CZE) & Ludek Fedurca (CZE), Nigel Ackland (GBR)
CNR 2014: 1:30pm – 4pm: Robot & Performance (Vol. II)
– Sound Poetry Performance: 1:30pm-2:15pm: Zuzana Husárová (SVK) & Olga Pek (CZE): Trans(who?)man
– Short Movie: 2:15pm-2:20pm: Tarik Abdel-Gawad & Ashley Rodholm (USA): FRANCESCA DA RIMINI: Ballet Meets Robotics
– Presentation: 2:20pm-2:45pm: Lucy Burns (USA): iRobot: Human-Robot Sociality in Asian American Theater
– Lecture: 3pm-3.30pm: Fernando Orellana (SLV): Paradiso
– Panel: 3:30pm-4:00pm: Zuzana Husárová (SVK) & Olga Pek (CZE), Lucy Burns (USA), Fernando Orellana (SLV)